An air compressor is a handy, multi-functional tool that many DIYers and professionals use for various purposes. You will find diverse air compressors for your needs. Among the different compressors, the pancake compressor takes its place because of its portability and power it offers. You can use this for commercial, DIY, painting, and other purposes comfortably.
There are pancake compressors with different capacity among which a 6 gallon is the most popular. If you can choose the best 6 gallon pancake air compressor, you will get higher efficiency with a higher power. We’ve included the top pancake air compressors in this article to help you complete your DIY works efficiently. If you read this article until the end of it, you’ll be able to choose your next compressor.
Table of Content:
Are you interested in perceiving everything described below within a minute? Then you can check out our table of content below. You can even jump into any section to read.
- 5 Best 6 Gallon Pancake Air Compressor Reviews 2021
- 1. DEWALT Pancake Air Compressor, 6 Gallon, 165 PSI (DWFP55126)
- 2. Metabo HPT Pancake Air Compressor, 6 Gallon (EC710S)
- 3. PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor, 6-Gallon, Pancake, Oil-Free (C2002)
- 4. BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor, Oil-Free, 6 Gallon, 150 PSI (BTFP02012)
- 5. CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor, 6 gallons, Pancake, Oil-Free with 13 Piece Accessory Kit
- Pancake Vs Hotdog Air Compressor: Which is Better?
- How To Use Pancake Air Compressor? Step By Step Guide
- Wrapping It Up
We have brought the best 6-gallon pancake air compressors in this comparison chart. You may have a look to make a better decision.
DEWALT Pancake Air Compressor, 6 Gallon, 165 PSI (DWFP55126)
Metabo HPT Pancake Air Compressor, 6 Gallon (EC710S)
PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor, 6-Gallon, Pancake, Oil-Free (C2002)
BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor, Oil-Free, 6 Gallon, 150 PSI (BTFP02012)
CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor, 6 gallons, Pancake, Oil-Free with 13 Piece Accessory Kit
5 Best 6 Gallon Pancake Air Compressor Reviews 2021
As I mentioned earlier, the compressor industry is versatile. You will find 6-gallon pancake air compressors with diverse specifications as well as features. Finding the best 6 gallon pancake air compressor for your needs might not be a cup of tea. Therefore, we have listed some suggestions for 6-gallon compressors for you.
1. DEWALT Pancake Air Compressor, 6 Gallon, 165 PSI (DWFP55126)
This pancake air compressor from Dewalt is one of the most useful air compressors you can have for your work. It features a high-efficiency advanced motor that delivers up to 165 PSI with a 6-gallon tank. You can use this pressure output for your pneumatic tools and get your job done. Also, this motor helps you get an easy start-up during the cold weather for more convenience.
With its high flow regulator and couplers, you will have maximum air tool performance. Unlike traditional motors, this one yields only a 75.5 dBA noise level. That means you can enjoy it silently without disturbing others. Besides, its power input requirement is 120v, which makes it compatible with home and shop use.
The flexible cord wraps conveniently and allows you to store the compressor comfortably. This DeWalt 6 gallon pancake compressor has a removable console cover that protects your controls and makes your repairing easier. You can easily carry and move it anywhere since it weighs only 30 lb. Its ball drain valve offers quick tank draining where its protective rubber leg covers prevent any kind of damage.
DEWALT Pancake Air Compressor Features:
- The high-efficiency motor delivers up to 165 PSI pressure output and ensures a fast start-up in cold weather.
- It features a high flow regulator as well as couplers that enhances the efficiency of your performance.
- You can work smoothly with its 75.5 dBA noise level that does not bother others much.
- The input requirement is 120v, making it suitable for a home where its ball drain valve makes it easy to drain.
- You will get a removable console cover for more comfort where its only 30 lb weight ensures easy portability.
2. Metabo HPT Pancake Air Compressor, 6 Gallon (EC710S)
Metabo HPT 6 Gallon Pancake Air Compressor is a great example of the best 6 gallon air compressor. It offers a 1-HP oil-free motor that can deliver up to 150 PSI working pressure so that you can work for a long time. Also, this ensures reliable startups during the cold weather for more comfort. You can even use multiple nailers with 2.8 CFM delivered at 90 PSI.
The Industrial regulator and gauges are there that let you measure and control the PSI adjustments. You can use the compressor and get your job done without making too much noise since this one makes only 73 dB operational noise. Apart from that, it features a steel roll cage that protects the compressor from outside impact and prolongs durability.
It has a rubber grip that provides you a comfortable transport. You can convey it wherever you need it to use. Besides, since it weighs only 36.5 lbs and has a compact design, transportation becomes easier. You will get two universal quick couplers that will let you change your tools quickly. So overall, you can get convenience, comfort, and powerful service from this pancake compressor.
Metabo HPT Pancake Features:
- The compressor comes with 1-HP oil-free motor to deliver up to 150 PSI working pressure for convenient use.
- You will get an industrial regulator and gauges that let you easily check the pressure and control it.
- It generates only 73 dB of operational noise, which makes it suitable for use at home or shop.
- You will get a steel roll cage for protection where its two universal quick couplers make the tool changing easier.
- It weighs only 36.5 lbs and comes with a rubber grip that ensures comfortable and easy carrying.
3. PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor, 6-Gallon, Pancake, Oil-Free (C2002)
PORTER-CABLE 6-Gallon Pancake Air Compressor is a great air compressor under 200 dollar to power your pneumatic tools. It delivers up to 150 PSI tank pressure stores in its Six-gallon pancake-style tank for longer run times. You will have a fast compressor recovery time for its 2.6 SCFM capacity at 90 psi. From its durable oil-free pump, you can expect a long life with no maintenance.
Besides, the motor is a low-amp 120-volt motor. Consequently, you can easily start the motor with an extension cord or in cold weather easily. Like any other good 6-gallon pancake air compressors, this one weighs only 30 lbs. Moreover, you will have a handle on it. That means you won’t have to perturb about portability.
Apart from that, you will get a water drain valve that makes the draining easier. There are rubber feet as well that keep your compressor in place during the operation. You will have a cover over the shroud, handle, and console that protects all the vital components. There are two air couplers, too, that let you use multiple tools simultaneously.
PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor Features:
- The compressor offers a maximum of 150 psi tank pressure with Six-gallon pancake-style tank for long service time.
- It features a fast recovery time for its 2.6 SCFM capacity at 90 psi so that you can enjoy working.
- You will get a durable oil-free low-amp 120-volt motor that allows fast starting in cold weather and ensures longevity.
- The weight is only 30 lbs, making it easier to move where its handle lets you carry it anywhere.
- You have a water drain valve for easy draining and cover over the shroud, handle, and console for protection.
4. BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor, Oil-Free, 6 Gallon, 150 PSI (BTFP02012)
Up next is the BOSTITCH 6 Gallon Pancake Compressor, which offers excellent value in performance and durability. It features an oil-free high-quality pump that delivers maximum storage of 150 PSI so that you can have a long tool run time. Since this one is oil-free, it is maintenance-free and offers quick recovery time. This high-efficiency motor ensures fast start-up in cold weather too.
Since it is a 6-gallon tank, you don’t need to worry about the backup air. There are two universal couplers as well to use two tools simultaneously. Besides, it has a regulator that helps you measure and control the output and get the maximum result.
With its 29 lbs weight, you can easily store and move it where you need it for work. Moreover, this one has an operational noise level of 78.5 dBA. That means you will have a quiet working environment to focus more on work and not disturb others at all. So overall, this 6-gallon pancake compressor is handy and suitable for home and commercial use.
BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor Features:
- The maximum storage of this compressor is 150 PSI in its 6-gallon tank to work with different pneumatic tools.
- It features an oil-free pump that takes less maintenance and ensures fast starting in cold weather.
- You will get a regulator to measure the output, and two universal couplers for multiple tools use.
- It has only 29 lbs weight and a compact design that lets you store it and move it anywhere you want.
- The noise level is 78.5 dBA, which is suitable for using the compressor at a public place or home.
5. CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor, 6 gallons, Pancake, Oil-Free with 13 Piece Accessory Kit
If you’re after the best 6 gallon pancake air compressor, then the CRAFTSMAN 6 gallon Pancake Air Compressor can be a good option to choose from. It is the best rated pancake air compressor with its high power and less maintenance. You have a durable, oil-free pump that needs no maintenance yet ensures a long-life performance. Also, it provides fast start-up during the cold weather.
With its 6-gallon tank capacity, you will have a 150 max PSI. As a consequence, you can enjoy using different pneumatic tools with this compressor. It offers 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI that ensures a fast recovery time for a fast working experience. You will have an input of 120 volts that makes it suitable for home and commercial use.
It comes with a 13 piece accessory kit so that you don’t need anything else to buy. You can get an air hose, blow gun, tire gauge, and others. However, it weighs only 30 lbs, unlike other traditional pancake compressors. As a result, you can easily move it and store it anywhere you want.
CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor Features:
- The compressor comes with a durable, oil-free pump that offers fast startup and less maintenance.
- It features a 6-gallon tank capacity that offers you a 150 max PSI to power up different pneumatic tools.
- You will have 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI that ensures a fast recovery time to work faster and longer.
- It features 120v of voltage input so that you can smoothly use it at home or shop without any adopter.
- You will get a 13 piece accessory kit with only 30 lbs weight that ensures easy carrying and storing.
Pancake Vs Hotdog Air Compressor: Which is Better?
Along with the pancake-style air compressor, the hotdog is popular as well. Therefore, people often get confused about choosing the right one for them. In that case, a comparison might help you pick up the right one.
Tanks size determines the amount of air an air compressor can hold. The larger your compressor tank size is, the better for you. You can use a large tank for a long time. In that case, a hotdog compressor will win since it offers a larger tank size. However, the tank size does not match with the CFM that may cause trouble sometimes.
When it comes to portability, a pancake compressor offers better portability since it comes with a smaller tank. Also, it has a compact design that makes it suitable to carry. Due to the bulky design and large tank size, the hotdog compressor might not be an excellent option to carry. So if you need a compressor to carry, indeed, a pancake is a better option.
Sometimes, you need to focus on your work more than worrying about what others feel about your task. A noisy compressor can ruin both your focus and others’ feelings. In that case, a silent compressor can help you focus on your project without troubling others. Here, a pancake compressor wins once again with its low noise design.
Maintenance is another significant issue as many people like me do not like to maintain the compressor often. Since most hotdog compressors feature oil-lubed design, it usually needs more maintenance than the pancake compressor. So if you don’t like regular maintenance, go for the pancake option.
Power and price:
You need proper power to run tools. Some tools need higher power, where some tools require less. A hotdog compressor will be better for a high-power air tool since it can generally generate more power than a pancake one. Also, due to the higher power and large size, the price is higher for hotdogs compared to pancakes. So if you need a machine for small to medium powered tools at an affordable cost, a pancake might be a better option.
How To Use Pancake Air Compressor? Step By Step Guide
No matter how good a pancake compressor you have, it is worthless if you do not know how to use it. That is why it is obligatory to know the process of using the compressor. Therefore, we think to show you the process of using a pancake air compressor.
Placing the compressor:
The first step to use the compressor is to locate a place for it. Without proper locating, it will be tough for you to work with the compressor conveniently. So, find the right place to place the compressor. In that case, make sure the area is clean and free from any fire hazard. Also, put it in a leveled place to work smoothly.
Connect the hose:
After locating the compressor, you need to connect your air hose to your compressor. For that, you can thread the hose onto the outlet port, or you can snap it to your connect fitting. If you want to change-out when running the air compressor, it is better to use a quick connection. It allows you to change easily for more convenience.
Power up the compressor:
Next, you need to power up your pancake compressor. For that, simply plug in your compressor to the power outlet. You will find the input voltage and usage requirement in the manual. Now, turn on the switch to start the machine. If you see the switch points upward, it indicates that the machine is off right now. So turn that on to power up your compressor.
Connect the tool:
Now you can connect the tool that you want to power up through the compressor. In that case, you can pursue the same pattern you have done in step two. You can either thread the air tool hose to the fitting or simply snap it to the fitting according to your mood. Then you should see your pneumatic tool powering up.
Control the power:
Once you start the machine, it will begin filling the air tank and powering up your pneumatic tool. At that point, it is crucial to provide accurate air input for the pneumatic tool to get your job done. You will see a regulator and pressure gauge. Use those two to measure and control the power output to achieve the best result.
Turn the machine off:
You are done using the compressor. After completing the use, it is time to turn the machine off. For that, turn off your air compressor first and then disconnect the pneumatic tool. Also, make sure you unplug the cord from the power outlet.
Why Should You Buy a 6 Gallon Pancake Air Compressor?
Among different types of air compressors, pancake ones are the best for sure and 6 gallon size is the most versatile one. Here are the reasons that make the 6 gallon air compressors better than other options:
- The 6-gallon pancake air compressors come with an oil-free air pump that requires less to no maintenance to ensure less hassle.
- Since there is no oil required to maintain the compressor, you can save a lot of money using the compressor.
- These compressors have a lightweight and compact design that makes it easier to move and store anywhere you want.
- Most compressors feature pressure gauges that let you check the output pressure and control it.
- You can use these pancake air compressors for various purposes, including nailing, spraying, and others.
Wrapping It Up
A 6-gallon pancake compressor lets you enjoy working with different pneumatic tools. You can use nailers, sprayers, and other tools for roofing, flooring, spraying, and others. Also, it offers great portability and easy storage. However, to get the best result out of it, you need to choose the best 6 gallon pancake air compressor.
We have portrayed a few amazing 6-gallon pancake air compressors for you. If you cannot decide which one will be the best, I will suggest the CRAFTSMAN 6 gallon Pancake Air Compressor. It offers a maintenance-free pump that generates 150 max PSI with fast starts up in cold weather. Moreover, you will get all other peripheral tools with it.