It might be a daunting task for you to find out the best 6 gallon pancake air compressor from the flooded market with so many brands and products. That’s why we have researched spending so many hours and tested these compressors. We have then made the best 6 gallon pancake air compressor reviews for 2020 to help you choose your desired one.
You should not be overwhelmed with the outlook and finish of the air compressor you want. Instead of doing so, you need to take a closer look at their horsepower, CFM, PSI, noise, and more so that you can be on the safe side. However, our extensive research will help you figure out choosing the best one for you that will completely fulfill your needs.
Table of Content:
Though a table of content in an article does not bear significant meaning, it makes your surfing easier throughout the entire article.
- 5 Best 6 Gallon Pancake Air Compressor Reviews 2020
- 1. DEWALT Pancake Air Compressor, 6 Gallon, 165 PSI (DWFP55126)
- 2. Metabo HPT Pancake Air Compressor, 6 Gallon (EC710S)
- 3. PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor, 6-Gallon, Pancake, Oil-Free (C2002)
- 4. BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor, Oil-Free, 6 Gallon, 150 PSI (BTFP02012)
- 5. CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor, 6 gallons, Pancake, Oil-Free with 13 Piece Accessory Kit
- Pancake Vs Hotdog Air Compressor: Which is Better?
- How To Use Pancake Air Compressor? Step By Step Guide
- Why Should You Buy a 6 Gallon Pancake Air Compressor?
- Wrapping It Up
We have added the below comparison chart based on the essential features PSI, CFM, and horsepower you need.
DEWALT Pancake Air Compressor, 6 Gallon, 165 PSI (DWFP55126)
Metabo HPT Pancake Air Compressor, 6 Gallon (EC710S)
PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor, 6-Gallon, Pancake, Oil-Free (C2002)
BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor, Oil-Free, 6 Gallon, 150 PSI (BTFP02012)
CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor, 6 gallons, Pancake, Oil-Free with 13 Piece Accessory Kit
5 Best 6 Gallon Pancake Air Compressor Reviews 2020
A good air compressor will help you do many things comfortably that require compressed air. However, you can quickly and effectively run your nailing gun, painting gun, impact wrench, and more with a good air compressor. After our comprehensive research, we have come up with the 5 best 6 gallon pancake air compressor.
1. DEWALT Pancake Air Compressor, 6 Gallon, 165 PSI (DWFP55126)
Dewalt is a renowned name in the industry of pancake air compressor. They have brought a revolution in this field by manufacturing dewalt 6 gallon pancake compressors out there. Not only that, it can deliver 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI pump, and you can receive 40 PSI at 3.7 SCFM.
Whether you are a beginner, professional, or DIY-er, you can use the high-efficiency air compressor for your work. It only produces up to 75.5 dB noise that allows you to work quietly. It is equipped with 2 universal couplers that conveniently support two different users.
The cord that comes with the air compressor machine is not so hard; thus, you can comfortably wrap and store the cable. You will discover its high flow couplers and regulator that allows you to maximize its performance. The air compressor allows you easy maneuverability when you need to bring it with you. You will discover a ball drain valve at the bottom that needs to be used for a quick drain after the project.
DEWALT Pancake Air Compressor Features:
- The air compressor is only 30 lbs, which is more comfortable for anyone to carry and store comfortably.
- It provides 165 PSI with its 6.0 gallon tank that helps you operate your tools for a long time.
- When you need to reroute the outlet tube, it does not get stuck on its catch point.
- Protective rubber leg covers benefit you to keep the machine in place.
- A high-flow regulator ensures the air compressor’s increased performance.
2. Metabo HPT Pancake Air Compressor, 6 Gallon (EC710S)
Nothing can beat Metabo when it comes to choosing the best 6 gallon pancake air air compressor out there. The air compressor offers you a maximum PSI of 150, which is more than enough for running your power tools like nailing machines.
Based on your project needs, you can operate multiple nailers, e.g., 2.8 CFM, and deliver 90 PSI to run a nail for your project. Even in the cold weather, the high-performance motor that is 1 horsepower can provide you with a reliable startup. The steel roll cage and the machine’s rubber grip benefit you to carry conveniently and protect from any impacts.
The environment around you while running the air compressor does not produce too much noise. It only produces up to 73 dB noise at the time of its operation. You can adjust the PSI of the air compressor based on your project’s needs.
Metabo HPT Pancake Features:
- With its maximum PSI of 150, you can work for a long time with your nailers, impact wrench, and more.
- You can run multiple nailers with the air compressor based on your project preferences.
- It comes with a 1-HP motor that offers high performance and reliable startups, even in the cold.
- Without producing louder sound, you can pursue your work in a quiet environment.
- The industrial regulator and gauge make you able to adjust the PSI of the machine.
3. PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor, 6-Gallon, Pancake, Oil-Free (C2002)
If you search for a famous leading air compressor out there in the market, you should find it useful. It offers 150 PSI tank pressure storage and an oil-free one that needs almost no maintenance. The air compressor can power most of your needed tools like air gun, painting gun, nail gun, and more.
It is also one of the most convenient air compressors with two manufacturer-installed couplers for two individuals. In the cold weather, you can still run the air compressor because of its 10 amps, 120 volts motor. For rapid compressor recovery time, you will discover 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI.
Its drain valve allows you to drain the tank quickly, and its rubber feet offer stability and longer operation time. The air compressor is not so pricey but does all the hard work for you as others do out there. This air compressor under 200 dollars can run most of the air tools comfortably and for a long time.
PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor Features:
- The pancake air compressor can hold more air at 150 PSI max tank pressure that offers a more comprehensive tool run time.
- Rubber feet of the air compressor provide stability and do not shift from its position.
- To run the machine in cold weather, you will come across a low-amp 120-volt motor.
- For rapid compressor recovery time, it comes with 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI.
- 6 gallon pancake type tank ensures its stability.
4. BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor, Oil-Free, 6 Gallon, 150 PSI (BTFP02012)
Bostitch 6 gallon pancake compressor is one of the prevailing air compressors in the competition. It offers you 150 max PSI with a 6.0 gallon tank that helps you run your tools for a longer time. You will find a 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI pump that enables you to work quickly and provides you with a faster recovery time. Its high-efficiency motor ensures to run and quick start-up in the cold weather too.
When you are after Bostitch, you have to remember that it does not offer a hose or gun kit with the air compressor. All you require to do is go for them separately from the online or offline market. While operating it, the machine’s noise is only 78.5 dBA, which should not be a high noise for a quiet environment.
The high flow regulator of the machine benefits you to get maximum air tool performance. Not only that, you will get couplers that enhance your work performance because two people can use it at the same time. For your convenient and long time use, it offers oil-free operation and a maintenance-free working experience.
BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor Features:
- It ensures effortless startups in cold weather due to its having a high-efficiency motor.
- The air compressor provides a 150 max PSI 6.0 gallon tank for longer working time.
- It produces only 78.5 dB noise that is not a disturbance for a quiet environment.
- Couplers come with an air compressor for two persons to use at the same time.
- The high flow regulator ensures a maximum air tool presentation.
5. CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor, 6 gallons, Pancake, Oil-Free with 13 Piece Accessory Kit
The Craftsman air compressor comes oil-free with a 13 piece accessory kit that will make your working experience to the next level. It offers high performance having a robust motor that has 120 volts. That’s why you can consider it the best rated pancake air compressor out there in the market.
Its 6 gallon pancake tank is lightweight and portable that stores air for your long time working experience. It requires almost no maintenance with its oil-free and durable pump. You can utilize its 150 PSI for a variety of applications. The recovery time is meager, and it takes a few seconds, with 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI.
The air compressor’s high performing motor allows you to operate the machine even in cold weather. Its tire chuck with plug and blowgun with plug does not encourage them to loose-fitting that might leak air. It is also equipped with couplers that allow two individuals to run the machine.
CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor Features:
- For storing air and offering portability, the air compressor comes with a 6 gallon pancake tank.
- Its 150 max PSI offers you the necessary cut in pressure to use it for different applications.
- The high-efficiency motor of the air compressor needs 120 volts to run the machine.
- The compressor recovery time is faster due to its having 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI.
- The machine does not require maintenance, and it is oil-free and durable.
Pancake Vs Hotdog Air Compressor: Which is Better?
You can use both pancake and hotdog air compressors for your small project at home, depending on your project’s preferences. You have to wait for the maximum pressure reach in the case of a pancake. On the other hand, hotdogs offer a more robust and consistent delivery.
When you are after a project with your air tool, you need a consistent and robust air compressor. In this situation, the more CFM the air compressor has, whether it is pancake or hotdog, the better it should be for your project. Otherwise, you might have to wait and stop working until the tank fills again.
The larger the tank is, the larger amount of air it can hold. In this regard, as the air tank of a hotdog air compressor is more significant than a pancake, hotdog contains more. The air tank of a pancake machine can perform better if the CFM is more than the hotdog.
Considering these factors, you have to choose yours. From our standpoint, we recommend you to go for a pancake because of its lightweight, portable and compact features. Also, it does not need to break your bank for a pancake air compressor.
How To Use Pancake Air Compressor? Step By Step Guide
When it is time to use your pancake air compressor, believe it or not, that it is that simple to use. Being lightweight and portable, you can shift the air compressor from project to project for your work’s preferences. It will allow you to use your most common air tools, from painting guns to impact wrench.
However, in this article, we will help you learn how to use air compression, whether you are a beginner or pro in this field. Using an air compressor is not so hard as you might be thinking of yourself.
The first thing comes first, and you need to locate the air compressor depending on your project’s space. It would then be best if you found the regulator by which you can control the air tank’s PSI.
Connecting the air hose to the air compressor should be the second step. You have two options to join it- one for thread and the other for quick-connect fitting. If you need quick connections of the hose to the machine, you can do it for fast change-outs.
You will see the switch of the air compressor upward after some time from the starting time. The air compressor machine needs to turn off after you have finished your project.
In this step, you need to plug into an electric outlet to run the air compressor. It would be better and safer if the circuit is dedicated to the air compressor and that supplies 15 amp. To fill the air compressor tank, you have to turn the switch on/off to the auto position.
Now it’s time to connect the hose to the other end of the air compressor. You can also snap it between the quick-connect fitting or thread the hose to the machine. The pressure gauge will start reading the pressure when you regulate the knob of the device.
You are now ready to use your desired air tool for the compressor. Make sure to switch it off when you are done. At the end of your project, you must take a close look at the drain valve to drain all air from the machine. Finally, it would help if you unplugged the air compressor from the outlet.
Why Should You Buy a 6 Gallon Pancake Air Compressor?
There are numerous causes for buying a 6 gallon pancake air compressor. It allows you to bring to your desired place being lightweight and portable. Apart from that, there are other reasons that you should consider having a 6 gallon pancake air compressor.
- It produces less noise during its operation. So, in a quiet environment, you can comfortably run the air compressor for your project. Therefore, it should be environment-friendly too.
- Being compact in design, it does not require too much space when it comes to storing the air compressor. You can carry the machine anywhere you need from project to project.
- Draining is easy for a pancake air compressor tank. There is a drain valve that requires you to turn off to let the air out after your project. It takes a few minutes because of the tank size.
Wrapping It Up
To run your air tool, including impact wrench, painting gun, etc., you must need the best 6 gallon pancake air compressor for a long time. You can choose any from our recommendation because we have researched before putting them here.
We like Metabo HPT Pancake Air Compressor because of its beneficial features, including tank size, PSI, CFM, and more. It offers 150 max PSI that can run your power tool for a long time. Besides, you can run multiple nailers simultaneously with its 2.6 SCFM and the compressor recovery time is very fast.