An Air compressor is the most economical way to run pneumatic power tools compared to other methods. It offers you the power and flexibility required for pneumatic tools. However, to run high power pneumatic tools and complete a project successfully, you need a 60-gallon air compressor.
A 60-gallon tank will provide you the run time needed for the projects. Also, you get the convenience to use many tools with the same compressor. To get all those benefits, you should choose the best 60 gallon air compressor. It will give you the highest durability, easy setup, safety features, and lots of other benefits.
What are the advantages of 60-gallon air compressor?
The biggest benefit of a 60-gallon air compressor is that it has enough power to run multiple tools at once. You often need to run several power tools at once in a project. A compressor with a small tank might not serve that well. Besides, it offers a long run time with its large tank. As a consequence, you can easily run those tools for a longer period.
Also, a 60-gallon compressor provides a good efficiency to save your money and energy as well. You can get instant performance with it. Installing and setting it up is easier too. You can use this compressor for different projects such as painting, welding, inflating, and lots of others.
Table Of Content:
- 5 Best 60 Gallon Air Compressor Reviews 2021
- What’s The Best Way to Use a 60 Gallon Air Compressor?
- How to Install a 60 Gallon Air Compressor?
5 Best 60 Gallon Air Compressor Reviews 2021
Choosing the best compressor is somehow daunting, especially for the newbie, where there are lots of brands and models. That is why we are going to review some top-class 60-gallon air compressor so that you can pick the best one.
1. Quincy Air Compressor
The Quincy Air Compressor is an excellent example of the best 60 gallon air compressor with its high power and efficiency. It comes with a 5 hp motor that can provide up to 175 PSI air supply to the tank. Since it is a 60-gallon tank, you will have a large air capacity as well. With its higher CFM, you will get a good air supply to run multiple air tools with ease.
The motor is made of high quality in the USA for maximum efficiency and low costs. It can deliver more compressed air even at the lower horsepower. It can be the best 60 gallon air compressor for the money with its slow running technology that produces less heat and consumes less energy as well. You can expect a 30,000-hour pump life with this air compressor.
It comes with a duty cycle of 100%. As a result, you will get a continuous air supply to get your job done effectively. A thermal overload protector is also there that can prevent overheating too. You will get cast iron construction that ensures durability. With its vertical tank, it will take less space and not destroy the beauty of your work station as well.
Quincy Air Compressor Features:
- The compressor generates 175 PSI air supply with higher CFM for maximum air output during the project.
- Its USA made 5 high-quality hp motor runs at low RPM to ensure maximum efficiency and more compressed air.
- You will have a 100% duty cycle that ensures a continuous air supply to work with different pneumatic tools.
- Its cast-iron construction magnifies the durability while the thermal overload protector ensures maximum safety to your compressor.
- The large tank is vertical that takes less space in your work station and makes it easy to store.
2. DeWalt Air Compressor
DeWalt Air Compressor is a high quality air compressor that comes with a 60-gallon air tank with a higher airflow port. It offers a 5.0 HP electric motor that can fulfill the tank at 175 PSI. It works at low RPM and flows air at 13.5 SCFM that maximizes efficiency, and provides long life. Also, it has an industrial style air intake filter that keeps the motor cool during the operation for longer duty cycles and continuous airflow.
With its thermal overload protection, the compressor keeps the motor safe from voltage fluctuations. A belt guard is there to improve the cooling effect too. You have the pressure gauge to check out the output pressure. As a consequence, you can easily know how much pressure you are putting on a pneumatic tool. It’s on/off switch removes the hassle of starting the compressor manually.
Four tie-down holes are there as well in the platform that ensures easy transporting. It features a cast-iron flywheel design for added durability. You will have compressor oil with it, and the Oil level can be seen easily with the sight glass. Draining the Oil is easier here with its 4” extension. So overall, this air compressor from the reputed brand DeWalt can be a perfect option for your garage, painting sprays, or other projects.
DeWalt Air Compressor Features:
- The compressor features a 5.0 HP powerful motor that works at 175 PSI to fill the large air tank quickly.
- Its airflow rate is 13.5 SCFM that runs at low RPM to ensure maximum efficiency to reduce the energy bill cost.
- You have an air intake filter and a belt guard that keep the motor cool during the operation for higher run time.
- It comes with a pressure gauge to check the output while its thermal overload protection protects the motor.
- A cast-iron design, along with four tie-down holes, ensure durability and makes the transportation super easy.
3. Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor
If you are looking for the best two stage air compressor, then the Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor can be a good option. It comes with a 3.7HP heavy-duty induction motor that works silently with a higher power. Also, it can generate 90 PSI to fulfill the large tank and get enough pressure for perfect tool performance.
It can be used for nailing, wheel rotating, spraying paint, and others with ease. You will have air output at 7. 6 SCFM that ensures efficiency and higher value. With its vertical tank design, you can easily store it and use it for workshop and garage applications. With this oil-lubricated compressor, you can get up to 5 000 hours of service time.
The machine is made of durable cast iron to tackle any hard jobs. Besides, it ensures maximum durability as well. Its power input is 230 volt that makes it suitable for commercial use. So overall, this one can withstand any tough condition and give you the perfect solution for a good air compressor.
Campbell Hausfeld Features:
- The compressor has a 3. 7HP heavy-duty induction motor that produces higher power with less noise.
- It runs at 90 PSI that works perfectly for different pneumatic tools such as nail guns, paint spray, and others.
- You will have maximum efficiency and clean energy consumption with its 7. 6 SCFM air output.
- The compressor has a cast iron construction to ensure durability while its vertical tank requires less space to store.
- You can use it for commercial purposes at your garage or workstation with its 230v power input.
4. Industrial Air 60 Gallon Air Compressor
Industrial Air is one of the best industrial air compressor brands that offer a variety of compressors line with good quality. This 60 Gallon Air Compressor comes with a powerful 5.0 HP electric motor that can generate 175 PSI air pressure. That means it will be more than enough to run different pneumatic tools at once for your projects or business.
With its 13.5 SCFM airflow output, you can get maximum efficiency and higher value. At the same time, it works at a low RPM that delivers a cooling motor running. Besides, it comes with a patented pump along with a Piston design that delivers even a cooler running. An industrial style air intake filter prevents the machine from being too hot to magnify the run time. With its thermal overload protection, it protects the motor from voltage fluctuations as well.
The compressor power input is 230 Volt, which is suitable for commercial use. Also, it has a tank pressure gauge that tells you the output airflow as well. It’s easy on/off switch makes the starting extremely easier. You have 4 holes that enable you to move and store it with ease. Draining is not a big deal here as it comes with a 4” oil drain extension. So overall, this large-capacity air compressor can be a handy option for you.
Industrial Air Features:
- The compressor has a 5.0 HP electric motor that operates at 13.5 SCFM to work with low energy consumption.
- You will get 175 PSI air pressure to work with different pneumatic tools at the same time.
- Its low RPM, Piston design, and air intake filter keep the machine cool during the operation to increase the run time.
- The pressure gauge measures the output pressure, and while thermal overload protection prevents voltage fluctuation from saving the machine.
- You have a 4” draining hose that helps you easily drain the compressor for a cleaner and safer working machine.
5. SS5 Air Compressor
SS5 Air Compressor comes into the market to provide you a good air pressure for different pneumatic tools. It can be the best 5 hp air compressor with its 5 HP motor with a single-stage compressor that makes it a perfect option for DIY or single-use or professional work as well. You will get 100% duty that offers you a continuous airflow to get a job done perfectly. It delivers high pressure up to 135 psi that is suitable for many power tools to work with.
This compressor comes with maximum safety features. With its automatic start/stop pressure valve, it protects the machine from overpressure. Its thermal overload protection prevents voltage fluctuation damage of your machine. You have a belt guard that cools the machine for even a higher duty cycle. It has synthetic lubricant that increases the efficiency of the compressor to save your money as well.
The compressor is made of durable cast iron construction that extends the pump life and offers approximately 5,000 hours of lifetime use. Its tank is vertical and offers a long time service yet takes less place to store. You will get a fully assembled compressor with less maintenance. Filter changing and oil monitoring is extremely easy for its unique user-friendly design.
SS5 Air Compressor Features:
- The single-stage compressor features 5 HP that delivers 135 psi airflow to work with multiple pneumatic tools with good performance.
- It comes with a belt guard and offers a 100% duty cycle to provide continuous airflow to get your job done within a very short time.
- The lubricant oil improves efficiency where its thermal overload protection prevents any voltage fluctuation damage.
- The machine is made of high quality cast iron that ensures durability and makes it perfect for commercial use.
- You have a user-friendly design and a large vertical tank that makes it easy to use and move.
What’s The Best Way to Use a 60 Gallon Air Compressor?
Knowing the best way to use a 60-gallon air compressor can give you competitive advantages for sure. Also, it will keep you and your machine safe too. Here are the tips for you to use it in the best way.
- Always set up the PSI level and SCFM level to the level of the power tool you are using with the air compressor.
- Make sure you connect the air hose before starting the compressor and add more hoses than adding more extension cord for better results.
- Check the oil level of the compressor before you start the compressor to ensure maximum efficiency and performance.
- You should clean the drain after every time you use the compressor to prevent any moisture build-up.
- Make sure you check the air filter regularly and replace it when necessary to prevent any kind of buildup.
If you can follow these tips, I hope you can use the compressor in the best way for the best performance.
How to Install a 60 Gallon Air Compressor?
Once you have decided to purchase the air compressor, you need to know then how you can install it easily. You need to decide the place at first where you are going to install the compressor. Also, keep some space around your compressor to work smoothly.
Now place your compressor on an isolated pad. It will help you stabilize the machine and lessen the sound. You will find the manual to set up the compressor on the isolated pad with the compressor. Follow the guideline and set them perfectly. After that, add the hose to the compressor.
Then connect the compressor to the power outlet and start the machine. However, you should set the desired PSI and SCFM before starting. You are done installing the air compressor.
Frequently Asked Questions
After reading the content, some questions may arise in your mind. You may find your answer in the section below.
How much does a 60 gallon air compressor cost?
The cost of a 60-gallon air compressor varies actually with brands and models. However, you will get a 60-gallon compressor within $500-$1000 that can offer good quality service.
How long should it take for a 60 gallon air compressor to fill up?
Well, it depends on the PSI you have for your air compressor. However, it should take no more than 5 minutes with 90-125 PSI for a 60-gallon air compressor to fill up.
Is a 60 gallon air compressor enough to paint a car?
Yes, you can paint your car with this compressor. Many car painters have been using this air compressor to complete their painting tasks with ease. It is good enough for spraying paint.
What size breaker do I need for a 60 gallon air compressor?
Though it depends on many things, a 40A breaker would be fine for a 60-gallon air compressor. However, you may try other sizes to get an accurate result for your air compressor with different PSI.
How many amps does a 60 gallon air compressor?
In general, a 60-gallon air compressor takes 17.5 amps. However, when the input volt differs from the brand and models, the AMP varies as well.
A 60-gallon air compressor is a good choice for garage work, nailing projects, wheel rotating tasks, and other commercial garage work as well. It gives you the power and run-time you need to run multiple pneumatic tools at once to get your job done perfectly. That is why we have portrayed some good air compressors for you.
If you haven’t sure which one will be the best 60 gallon air compressor for your project, I will tell you to go for the Quincy Air Compressor. It offers up to 175 PSI air supply with higher CFM. Also, it provides higher efficiency and delivers more compressed air with its 100% cycle time. Its construction is good enough, and you have protection for your machine as well. So overall, this one can be a good one worthy of consideration.