For the construction work, you must need the right tool to get your job done perfectly. If you are a framing crew and want to do framing perfectly with efficiency, then an air compressor is a must-have tool for you. Of course, you can do it with a hammer, nails and lots of time. But you know time is money. As a professional framing crew, you must consider the time, effectiveness, and efficiency of your job.
If you have the best air compressor for framing crew, you can increase effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity and decrease the cost, time, and effort. So it is really important to have the best air compressor for you.
What Size Compressor Do I Need For Framing?
When it comes to the size of the air compressor for framing, it depends on many things. You need to know your needs at first, and also, you have to find out your power sources as well. If you need a compressor for home framing or basic framing work and have a home power source, then you should not worry about the size. On the other hand, for your construction work where you need large framing, you should go for a large size compressor.
Also, you need to check how much space you have and how it works. Do you know, how does it work? You can check our guide on how does an air compressor work? Based on all these, you have to choose the size of the compressor.
Table of content
If you want to perceive everything at a glance, you should check our table of content. You can get an idea of what we have discussed below.
- 5 Best Air Compressor For Framing Crew
- 1. C5200 Big Bore 3.0 HP Air Compressor
- 2. DEWALT Air Compressor, 225-PSI Max, Hand Carry with Wheels, 4-1/2 Gallon
- 3. Campbell Hausfeld 8 Gallon Portable Quiet Air Compressor (DC080500)
- 4. Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak, 1/2 hp running 1-Gallon Compressor
- 5. BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor, Oil-Free, 6 Gallon, 150 PSI (BTFP02012)
- What To Consider Before Buying An Air Compressor For The Framing Crew?
- Why Should You Buy an Air Compressor for Framing Crew?
To make a better decision, you need to compare all the good products at once. You can do that by checking our comparison chart below.
Makita MAC5200 Big Bore 3.0 HP Air Compressor
DEWALT Air Compressor, 225-PSI Max, Hand Carry with Wheels, 4-1/2 Gallon
Campbell Hausfeld 8 Gallon Portable Quiet Air Compressor (DC080500)
Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak, 1/2 hp running 1-Gallon Compressor
BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor, Oil-Free, 6 Gallon, 150 PSI (BTFP02012)
5 Best Air Compressor For Framing Crew
You will not find so many good air compressors for the framing crew. So how can you find out the best one for you? Well, you can check our review of some top quality compressor with all their features and benefits to find out the best one.
1. C5200 Big Bore 3.0 HP Air Compressor
The Makita Big Bore Air Compressor is one of the most powerful air compressors in the market right now with lots of useful features. It comes with a 3.0 HP motor that can generate 6.5 CFM at 90 Psi air pressure. As a result, you can easily complete your framing work without any hassle. A large, sturdy cylinder and piston are there to hold more air and offer more productivity.
This big bore air compressor has an industrial air filter, meaning that you will get extreme efficiency and increased air intake and thus higher productivity. Unlike most of the air compressors in the market, it produces less noise that makes it perfect for framing crew to work in a public place.
With its sturdy construction and rugged wheels, you can easily take it anywhere. To make it even more comfortable to carry, it offers a comfortable folded handle as well. That means no matter where you work, even in the construction, you can take it. Also, it offers roll case construction that makes it even safer for that risky work. So this can really be a good one to consider.
Main Key Features:
- It comes with 3.0 HP motor that generates 6.5 CFM at 90 Psi that is more than enough for your framing work
- Its large cylinder can hold enough air to provide higher output and get your job done perfectly
- This air compressor produces less noise that makes it perfect to use in public places
- You can easily move the compressor with its folding handle and rugged wheels
- Industrial air filter offers you extreme efficiency and increases the air intake and thus improve productivity
2. DEWALT Air Compressor, 225-PSI Max, Hand Carry with Wheels, 4-1/2 Gallon
Dewalt is a reputed brand in the tool industry with a large collection of versatile products. This Dewalt 225 psi air compressor is another great addition to their product line. It comes with a 1.6 HP motor that can deliver you 5.0 SCFM at 90 PSI, meaning that you can get have enough power to provide in your framing projects. Its 225 PSI tank storage offers you a more usable output than its competitors.
When working, it produces only 78bd noise that means if you are a framing crew, you can use it easily anywhere without creating too much noise. A high flow coupler technology is used here so that you can get the maximum output and complete your project perfectly. Since it is an oil-free and maintenance-free compressor, you do not have to put extra effort to use it.
You can use it outside the home for industrial work because it comes with 10” non-flat foam wheels for easy moving. A collapsible handle is there to make the portability better. Even it has a display gauge so that you can easily read the output and control it as necessary. So overall, you can go for it for sure.
Main Key Features:
- It comes with 1.6 HP motor that generates 5.0 SCFM at 90 PSI so that you can work easily in your framing work
- Its 225 PSI large tank can hold enough air to provide higher output and productivity to get your job done perfectly
- This air compressor produces only 78 DB noise that makes it perfect to use in public places
- You can easily move the compressor with its 10” flat-free foam tire and collapsible handle
- It offers an easy display area so that you can easily read the output and control it as necessary
3. Campbell Hausfeld 8 Gallon Portable Quiet Air Compressor (DC080500)
Campbell Hausfeld Portable Quiet Air Compressor is another good air compressor that makes it easier for you to complete your framing work like a pro. It comes with a powerful motor that can give you air pressure up to 125 psi easily, which is much more than your desired one. You can easily do all types of framing work and other tasks easily with its 8 gallon sturdy air tank.
This air compressor is a versatile compressor, meaning that you can use it for an impact wrench, inflators, pressure washers, nailers and staplers, air tools and accessories, paint sprayers, and more. It is a noise-free compressor as well that makes only 68bd noise. That is why it can be considered as the best air compressor for impact wrench and others for sure.
For easy moving, it features large wheels along with rubber grip handle so that you can easily move it, and its sturdy construction will support you fully. Since it is oil-free and maintenance-free, you can use it without any hassle. You will get the maximum performance with this one because of its dual-piston pump system. So consider this item, too, while buying the air compressor as a framing crew.
Main Key Features:
- It comes with a powerful motor that generates 125 psi that is quite enough for your framing work and other projects
- Its 8 gallon large air tank holds enough air to provide you the output you need to complete your task
- This air compressor produces only 68db noise which is way less than other compressors, makes it perfect to use in public places
- You can easily move the compressor with its rugged wheels and comfortable rubber grip handle
- Oil-free, maintenance-free, dual-piston pump let you use the air tool with full convenient
4. Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak, 1/2 hp running 1-Gallon Compressor
If you are a framing crew and want an air compressor for your small to medium framing projects or other projects, then you should consider the Senco air compressor. It is one of the top-rated air compressors in the market that comes with ½ horsepower capacity with 1 gallon air tank that can generate up to 120 PSI. That means you can easily use this one in your small to medium projects.
With this senco 1 gallon air compressor, you will get a noiseless operation because it generates very low noise, unlike many other similar compressors. It comes with a quick disconnect coupler that ensures easy use. Even a gauge is there so that you can easily regulate the output pressure. It is extremely lightweight and weighs only 20lbs that makes sure that you can easily carry the air tool with your hand easily.
You will get a direct drive induction motor as well that ensures extreme efficiency while working. Its oil-free compressor allows you to use the air tool all the time without any kind of maintenance. So overall, this might be a simple one for sure, but it has the ability to complete all types of home and medium framing work without any problems.
Main Key Features:
- It comes with a high power motor that generates up to 120 Psi to make your small to medium framing work done easily
- Its medium 1-gallon air tank can support enough air so that you can do your job perfectly
- This air compressor extreme less noise compared to similar air tools in the market and ensures noise-free operation
- You can easily move the compressor since it is extremely lightweight and sturdy
- Its direct drive induction motor ensures extreme efficiency where the oil-free compressor ensures less maintenance
5. BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor, Oil-Free, 6 Gallon, 150 PSI (BTFP02012)
Up next is the BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor, which is surely one of the most popular air compressors to the framing crews without any doubt. It comes with Bostitch quality efficient motor that can work in even cold weather and generate up to 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI pump. Also, you will get 6.0-gallon tank at maximum150 PSi so that you can get the maximum output and complete all types of tasks you have.
It generates 78.5 DB noise, which is a little bit higher than other compressors in this list. But if you compare it with the power, you will see that it is good enough to work in public areas. So for a framing crew, this sound will not be a big deal. It offers an oil-free and maintenance-free mechanism that ensures the highest convenience to use.
You will get a high flow regulator as well that maximizes the performance of this Bostitch oil free air compressor. 2 universal couplers are there to make your work even easier. Since it weighs only 29 lbs, it is extremely easy to carry, and you can take it anywhere with your hand. Considering all the factors, this one can be the best air compressor for framing crewfor sure.
Main Key Features:
- It comes with an efficient motor that generates 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI that is more than enough for your framing work
- Its 6.0-gallon tank at maximum150 PSi can hold enough air to provide higher output and get your job done perfectly
- This air compressor produces less noise that ensures a noise-free working environment
You can easily move the compressor because it is extremely lightweight and weighs only 29lbs
- Maintenance-free and oil-free mechanism make sure you stay away from maintenance hassle.
What To Consider Before Buying An Air Compressor For The Framing Crew?
Now you get the list of some top-class compressors with features and benefits. But do you know what to consider when buying the best air compressor for framing crew so that you can get the best one? Follow this buying guide to choose the best one.
At first, you need to know why you are buying this compressor. Are you buying for home use or for commercial, industrial use? If it is for home use, then you should go for the small or medium air compressor and for industrial use, go for the large one.
Power output determines how much air the compressor can provide for your work. The higher the output, the better for your work. For the large constructional work such as framing, it is important to have higher power output. But if you want a compressor for home improvement or DIY, then consider buying one with lower power.
Tank capacity is another important thing you should look for. A small tank will provide you the ease of use for sure. But it cannot serve you well in the larger projects. That is why you should go for the larger tank for larger projects and a small tank for small projects.
Since you need to carry the air tool in many places, it is important that you get one that is lightweight and small. But you need a large one for large projects and also need to carry it in the working area. In that case, you should check the portability. Look for the wheels and comfortable handle.
Ease of use
Also, make sure you have checked the ease of use. The tool has to be oil-free as like maintenance-free. You cannot clean the tool and oil it every day before and after the work for sure, right? So make sure you have chosen the one that is easy to use.
Follow these tips to get the best compressor for you. However, if you are not satisfied with the buying guide and want to know more, then you should check our air compressor buying guide. We have discussed the details there.
Why Should You Buy an Air Compressor for Framing Crew?
There are a lot of reasons why you should choose a perfect air compressor for the framing crew. Among those, here are a few reasons.
- The air compressor offers framing crew the flow of work, which is much needed to complete the framing projects with extreme efficiency. Without it, a framing crew has to work with hammer and nails.
- It saves a lot of time because when you work with hammer and nails, it takes a lot of time.
- You can save money as well since it can get your job done very fast and you know time is money.
- With the air compressor, you can do different types of work except the framing, such as nailing, roofing, and others.
- Air compressors are easy to maintain and provide you the convenience you need to use it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have any questions by now? If yes, then check out our frequently asked questions by users below.
What are the common problems associated with air compressors used in framing projects?
Some common problems associated with air compressors used in framing projects include compressor leaking, air filter leaking, compressor failure, motor failures, and others.
How many CFM do I need for a framing nailer?
A minimum of 4 CFM power with 6 gallon tank is required to do your framing projects,.
Do framing air compressors need pressure gauges?
Yes, framing air compressor needs pressure gauge for framing and other projects.
Can I run a framing air compressor on battery power?
Not exactly, framing air compressor is not compatible with DC power, but you can use a converter to use it on battery power.
How much psi do you need for a nail gun?
120 PSI is good enough for your nail gun.
Finding the best air compressor for framing crew is really important because it will give you the power you need for framing work. Also, a good compressor can help you do other jobs, offers ease of use and less maintenance, and produces less noise for noise-free operation.
That is why we have reviewed some of the top class compressors for framing crew with their features and benefits so that you can easily pick the right one. All of them are good, but if you ask my suggestion, I will tell you to go for the BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor. It offers you the power, ease of use, less maintenance, and portability. So go for this one without any hesitation.