When working on your roof, you require the best equipment possible, and a roofing nailer is one of them. However, for it to work efficiently, you must have the best air compressor for roofing nailer. It will enable you to complete the task in good time and according to your specifications.
During home construction, there are processes like roofing that should be done with excellence. This can only be achieved if you are using an air compressor for a roofing nailer that ensures precision. While we agree that roofing projects can be quite challenging, you can have your work done right with an air compressor.
What size air compressor for roofing nailer?
An air compressor for roofing nailers is an essential power tool that surprisingly does not need a nonstop air supply. The air compressor’s size for roofing nailers should be at least 2 CFM rating with a 2 to 6-gallon tank capacity. However, the specifications may vary depending on the type of roofing nailer, that is why you should be cautious when choosing an air compressor for roofing nailer. The good news is, with the right size, an air compressor for roofing nailer can perform incredibly well.
The CFM of an air compressor should be a bit higher than that of your roofing nailer. This is to guarantee it works remarkably well with your air compressor, which prevents the underperformance of your roofing nailer. To know the size required, multiply the required CFM of your roofing nailer with 1.5, and the resulting value is the right size air compressor necessary for your roofing nailer. You can also consult a CFM chart that outlines an air compressor size; that way, you will know the ideal one for your roofing nailer.
Table of Content:
- 5 best air compressors for roofing nailer reviews 2020
- 1. Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor
- 2. DEWALT Air Compressor Combo Kit with Brad Nailer (DWC1KIT-B)
- 3. Metabo HPT Air Compressor Combo Kit, Includes Brad Nailer, Pancake Compressor, and 25 Ft Air Hose (KNT50AB)
- 4. PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor, 6-Gallon, Pancake, Oil-Free (C2002
- 5. Air Compressor, 1 Gallon, Pancake, Oilless Pump, 110 PSI w/ Recoil Air Hose & Inflation Kit (Campbell Hausfeld FP2028)
- Why Should You Buy an air compressor for roofing nailer
Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor
DEWALT Air Compressor Combo Kit with Brad Nailer (DWC1KIT-B)
Metabo HPT Air Compressor Combo Kit, Includes Brad Nailer, Pancake Compressor, and 25 Ft Air Hose (KNT50AB)
PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor, 6-Gallon, Pancake, Oil-Free (C2002
Air Compressor, 1 Gallon, Pancake, Oilless Pump, 110 PSI w/ Recoil Air Hose & Inflation Kit (Campbell Hausfeld FP2028)
5 best air compressors for roofing nailer reviews 2020
The best air compressor for roofing nailer is a handy tool that enables you to perform your roofing tasks without complications. In this review, you will learn of the top best air compressors for roofing nailers that will allow you to have an easy time choosing the ideal one. You will know of their features and what makes them stand out.
1. Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor
This is an Air Compressor engineered with a pump cylinder plus a piston that works together to deliver high output for two nailers. The Makita air compressor mac2400 is designed with a low AMP draw meant to minimize tripped breakers’ occurrence when starting up. With the 4.2-gallon twin stacked tank, this air compressor can withstand an operating pressure of 130 PSI ideal to deliver adequate CFM for two nailers.
The Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor features an inbuilt thermal overload that guarantees extra motor protection. Its roll cage construction ensures safety to endure harsh working environments. You will find a lever handle ball valve tank on this air compressor that provides easier maintenance. This Makita air compressor is designed with top-edge innovation to drive power tools leading to industrial-strength power.
A large industrial air filter is provided by this MAC2400 air compressor that allows improved air intake and better efficiency. The cast-iron cylinder instilled in this air compressor is quite durable, minimizing wear while improving pump life, making it the best air compressor for roofing. This tool is engineered for high output, minimal maintenance, and low noise thanks to its innovative technology.
Makita MAC2400 Big Features:
- An air compressor is having a pump cylinder plus a piston that works together to deliver high output for two nailers.
- This air compressor is designed with roll cage construction that delivers protection, making it endure the most challenging job site environments.
- An air compressor is featuring a large industrial air filter which maximizes air intake that guarantees high efficiency.
- This MAC2400 is compact and energy-efficient, making it lead in industrial power to become one of the industry’s top-edge innovations.
- It comes with a durable cast iron cylinder, which minimizes wear while improving pump life and ensuring efficient maintenance.
2. DEWALT Air Compressor Combo Kit with Brad Nailer (DWC1KIT-B)
This Brad Nailer features in-depth drive adjustment accompanied by detents that provide the nail heads’ ideal setting. You will find an adjustable belt hook in the DEWALT Air Compressor Combo Kit that keeps the tool next to you when working. The oil-free motor and tool-free jam release mechanism equipped on this air compressor for fast nail removal. It comes with a rear exhaust that keeps off contaminants as you work.
The DEWALT Air Compressor is designed with a magnesium body that is lightweight and extremely robust. It provides 2.6 SCFM executed at 90 PSI pump with a 6-gallon (22.7 L) tank plus 165 max PSI that guarantees lengthy tool runtime and efficient recovery. This Brad Nailer is equipped with a durable oil-free pump that ensures long-lasting free maintenance operation. You will love the noise-free working environment provided by this best air compressor for roofing thanks to its low 75.5 dBA.
This model is equipped with a low 10 Amp to draw motor, which starts quickly regardless of the cold weather. It also features two regulated factory-installed air couplers that provide support for two users. You can easily carry this air compressor because of its heavy-duty handle, console cover, and cord wrap.
DEWALT Air Compressor Features:
- This Combo Kit air compressor is provided with a tool-free jam release mechanism that guarantees fast and quick nail removal.
- A Brad Nailer is having an in-depth drive adjustment with detents that come with the right setting of the nail heads.
- It features a durable oil-free pump that ensures long free maintenance operation.
- The low 75.5 dBA provided on this air compressor enables you to enjoy a noise-free working environment.
- The DEWALT Air Compressor is engineered with a low 10 Amp to draw a motor that starts quickly, especially in the cold weather.
3. Metabo HPT Air Compressor Combo Kit, Includes Brad Nailer, Pancake Compressor, and 25 Ft Air Hose (KNT50AB)
This air compressor is equipped with a 360-degree adjustable exhaust port that works efficiently to keep away debris, dirt, oil, and dust from the finished project. This Combo Kit comes inclusive of a 6-Gallon Oil-Free Pancake Compressor, which guarantees dependable and rugged performance. Metabo HPT Air Compressor features heavy-duty bend restrictors that don’t lose their flexibility during frigid temperatures.
The Metabo Combo Kit is equipped with an 18-Gauge Brad Nailer, which is lightweight to offer balance for easy maneuvering. You will also find a hybrid air hose with industrial fittings and spiral meant for enhanced durability. This is the best air compressor combo kit that has pneumatic tool lubricant which can operate multiple mailers.
A Visual Nail Reload Indicator is provided by this air compressor that sends an alert when you are running low on nails to prevent blank drives. The selective actuation provided allows you to contact fire modes by merely flipping the switch. This air compressor also features an easy to clear nose for fast nail extraction when a nail jam occurs.
Metabo HPT Air Compressor Features:
- This Combo Kit is equipped with a 360-degree adjustable exhaust port that keeps off dirt, oil, dust, and debris from the finished project.
- An air compressor is having a visual nail reload indicator that sends an alert when the nail quantities are less to avoid blank drives.
- The Metabo HPT Air Compressor Combo Kit is equipped with an NT50AE2 2″ 18-Gauge Brad Nailer which is appropriately balanced for enhanced maneuvering.
- It comes with an Oil-Free Pancake Compressor that provides exceptional performance to run multiple mailers.
- An air compressor is having a lightweight 25′ X 1/4″ Hybrid air hose, which is spiral reinforced to guarantee long life.
4. PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor, 6-Gallon, Pancake, Oil-Free (C2002
This porter cable air compressor 6-gallon construction pancake style tank offers stability and comes inclusive of rubber feet and a water drain valve. It is designed with a 150-psi max tank pressure that can hold excess air to provide a longer running time. This air compressor’s higher-pressure design ensures long-lasting air tool performance, making it the best 6-gallon air compressor.
This air compressor features a 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI that guarantees quick recovery time. An oil-free pump with less maintenance is featured in this air compressor, together with a low AMP 120V motor that starts fast, especially in the cold weather. The extension cord, handle, and console cover offer protection to essential components.
This is a lightweight and portable air compressor that can be used at the workshop, take to job sites or work with it around the house. It comes with an inbuilt automatic thermal overload protection and a high-flow air regulator, which delivers extra work at a higher pressure. Another feature of this air compressor is its oil-free pump, which guarantees no oil spillage.
PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor Features:
- This portable air compressor offers 150 psi max tank pressure to store adequate air in the tank to keep it running for longer.
- An air compressor is featuring 2.6 SCFM at 90 psi that guarantees fast compressor recovery time.
- The pancake-style tank of this 6-gallon air compressor is designed for stability, and it comes inclusive of rubber feet and a water drain valve.
- It is equipped with a low amp 120V motor that can start fast during the cold weather.
- This is a lightweight air compressor that is portable, meaning you can take it to a job site, use it at the workshop or around the house.
5. Air Compressor, 1 Gallon, Pancake, Oilless Pump, 110 PSI w/ Recoil Air Hose & Inflation Kit (Campbell Hausfeld FP2028)
This air compressor comes with a gauge that is conveniently placed to monitor air pressure. It comes with an oil-less pump that guarantees free maintenance ownership making it a durable unit. The Campbell Hausfeld air compressor 1 gallon operates on the 120-volt household current to work on all your DIY needs.
The Campbell air compressor is equipped with a 25-foot recoil hose, air chuck, and onboard store to keep every accessory well-organized. It has a lightweight pancake design plus a strong handle that makes it easy to carry. You can be assured that you will finish your projects in good time with this air compressor because it comes with stapling, airbrushing, inflation, and brad nailing applications.
It is the best 1 gallon air compressor that provides an easy-to-read gauge placed on the compressor’s body for easy and precise air pressure monitoring. The tank is designed so that it gets rid of pulsation brought about by piston action enabling you to perform a better job after job. The Campbell Hausfeld air compressor operates fast when fastening the nails, saving you time and money.
Air Compressor Features:
- This air compressor features an easy-to-read gauge placed on the compressor’s body to deliver precise air pressure monitoring.
- The stapling, airbrushing, inflation, and brad nailing applications guarantee quick completion of projects.
- It comes with a tank that gets rid of pulsations caused by piston action providing consistent and excellent performance.
- This Campbell air compressor has a 25-foot recoil hose, air chuck, and onboard store that keeps all accessories well-organized.
- An air compressor with a lightweight design plus a strong handle proving ease of movement from one project to the other.
Why Should You Buy an air compressor for roofing nailer
An air compressor for roofing nailers is a handy tool that offers a lot of benefits. What is certain is, this is an excellent tool to invest in if you want to have an easy time with your projects. Here are some of the reasons why you should buy an air compressor for a roofing nailer.
This tool is light and easy to carry around. This means you can take it with you from one site to the next. It is not bulky; hence it does not wear you down. You can use it in your workshop and on the rooftop with ease.
The speed at which an air compressor for roofing nailers is impressive. That is how it can help you complete your projects in good time. With this tool, you will perform at high speed, enabling you to complete different projects in no time.
Air compressors require less maintenance, yet they are highly powerful. All is needed is a few routine maintenance procedures, and you will have your air compressor running well for many projects. What you should keep in mind is changing the filter and draining excess moisture oil.
Ease of use
You may think that an air compressor is a complicated tool to use until you use it and realize how uncomplicated it is. It is a compact tool that you can operate easily and does not require any technicalities.
If you were to pay someone to perform the projects you carry out with an air compressor; you would spend a lot. This makes an air compressor an economic tool because you can tackle all your projects at a minimal cost when you have it. Also, an air compressor uses less electricity, making it a conventional power tool that does not cost you much in the long run.
This is a safe tool to have that is reliable, dependable, and efficient. When you have it, none of your projects will go uncompleted. Malfunctioning is eliminated, making an air compressor quite an exception too. This tool provides continuous air to complete your project, making it an incredibly convenient tool to own.
You will be surprised by how quiet an air compressor for roof nailers works. Its noise-free operation makes it ideal for use in scenarios that don’t require noise like libraries. This tool does not cause any disruptions for those people around when you are working on your project.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a pancake compressor run a roofing nailer?
How often air compressor roofing nailer works
Is a 3-gallon air compressor good?
Having the best air compressor for roofing nailer gives you the upper hand in completing all your projects in good time. This is an incredibly handy tool to have because it can aid you with other jobs that require compressed air to perform. Ensure you get an air compressor for roofing nailers with the right features for ease of use and convenience when handling your projects.
The DEWALT Air Compressor Combo Kit with Brad Nailer tops as the best air compressor for roofing nailer because of its tool-free jam release mechanism and in-depth drive adjustment. Its 10 Amp draw motor can start with ease in the cold weather, making it quite exceptional.